Skip to main content

Are you saying I'm a cheap date?

Are you tired of blowing your paycheck on dinner and a movie?

Bored of doing the same thing for date night, week after week?

Here are a few silly, a few fun, and a few romantic ideas on the cheap.

Winery Tour/Beer Tasting (21+ Please)
Check out your local breweries and wineries and see if they offer any tours. Sometimes they are free and have tasting afterward. I checked out LivingSocial and got a discounted deal You get to learn about how beer and wine is made and then feel super sophisticated drinking it knowledgeably. If there aren't any alcohol-making places near you, go to a liquor store where they have a huge selection. Pick out some beers (this is where make-your-own-six-pack comes in handy) and bring them home. Don't forget the pretzels! 

The Zoo
Seriously, how long has it been since you've been? It's cheaper to go on a non-weekend day, but the money still goes to a good cause. If there isn't a zoo nearby, you could check out any petting zoo or farms in the area. This could be even more fun because you get to feed the llamas!

Sunset
Warning: Super romantic
Pack up a picnic and head out to the best spot to watch the sunset. I recently found a beautiful orchard that stills on top of a valley and can see for miles. You can easily look up the times and arrive a little bit early to enjoy your sammies. Don't forget the bug spray!

Local Museum
Does your town have a local museum/roadside attraction? Of course it does! My guess is you've driven by, heard of it, but never actually been. Take your date to support the arts and browse the area. You will probably learn something you didn't know you didn't know.

Dog Park
So you have a dog, right? And he just kinda sits around at home, see. Well, here is the perfect opportunity to give your dog some much needed exercise AND do date night. Watching your dog run around and play with other buddies may just get you two playful as well. Amirite?


I also found this really awesome app, called Circle. You punch in your location and it shows you upcoming events. It has some categories that you can pick from, like 'on a budget', 'just chill' and then you pick the day and it shows you the different opportunities nearby! Happy hunting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life hacks: cleaning edition

So, I recently undertook the project of painting my front door. I moved in a little over a year ago, and every time I came home, I would just groan, UGH. I need to do something about that. The door was a dark green with so many scratches on it I couldn't bear to look for more than a few seconds. Fast  forward to the present, and VOILA! A shiny new (looking) door. The only problem was that there was sticky residue from the tape that I had used to help with my lines. I couldn't get it off no matter how much windex I used. Then I found a neat-o trick that has thus inspired me to write on an ever-popular topic. Life Hacks. Here are a few that I have found useful and save me more time to hang out with my family, watch TV, whatever I want. Clean sticky residue from tape off glass with canola oil. I have only tried this with canola oil, but I have read up that it works with a lot of other oils, olive, essential, even cooking spray. I simply pour a bit on a paper towel and use

weekendweekendweekendweekend

Hope you all have a relaxing Caturday everyone!

It's called soda! Not pop!

Lately, I have been obsessed with North Woods Law. For those that don't know, it is a show on Animal Planet about the game wardens in Maine. Now, I don't admit this to a lot of people, but I am from a northern Maine milltown,which really should be a whole other country on it's own. Here's me and my cousin back home: While watching the show, I've noticed no matter what area of the state, they all have a distinct accent. I've worked hard to get rid of it, but I'm plagued by it. I came across a really cool video on philebrity.com about a study of how people in different areas of the U.S. pronounce the same word. It shows a map on the left side and a picture of the object on the right side. Whenever, someone is talking, the map is lit up in the region that it is most spoken. It also gives you enough time to say it to yourself and see if it stands true. You can watch the  VIDEO  here.