Skip to main content

Readers Rejoice!

I'm going to share a little secret of mine. I'm super cheap. Okay, maybe not so much of a secret, but I hate spending money on things that I know isn't going to last. The biggest thing I hate spending money on is books. Don't get me wrong, I love reading and I devour books so fast that it pains me to spend money on something that I will only use for a week. I'm pretty big on supporting my local library. There's just something about going in and picking out what you are going to spend hours on. Maybe it's my own retail therapy, in a way. Although, I admit, I have two kindles that I am fairly fond of as well. Most libraries now are connected with a digital library, and you can borrow (FOR FREE!) whatever book your heart desires and it gets downloaded right to your kindle and auto returned when the loan is up. 
So this is great news, though there are some fallbacks. Like, sometimes, you have to put your book on hold, or you have to make sure you are done reading your book before the loan is up. Believe me, I've had a few books snatched up from my fingers. Plus, if there's a book that I enjoy, I do expect to read it again sometime in the future, and I don't have that on hand. The other great news is, I've found a service. A magical thing called BookBub. Let them explain.
From their About Me section on bookbub.com/

"BookBub is a free service that helps millions of readers discover great deals on acclaimed ebooks while providing publishers and authors with a way to drive sales and find new fans. Members receive a personalized daily email alerting them to the best free and deeply discounted titles matching their interests as selected by our editorial team. BookBub works with all major ebook retailers and devices, and is the industry’s leading ebook price promotion service. BookBub was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA."

In other words, everyday you get an email that tells you what books are free or cheap! You edit your preferences on what type of books you are interested in and just like that, your in. Of course, you have to create an account to set your preferences. I've even got my husband using it. He's started reading new series from it, and I can't tell you how many books I've downloaded to my Kindle. My library is looking good, that's for sure. So, try it out and let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life hacks: cleaning edition

So, I recently undertook the project of painting my front door. I moved in a little over a year ago, and every time I came home, I would just groan, UGH. I need to do something about that. The door was a dark green with so many scratches on it I couldn't bear to look for more than a few seconds. Fast  forward to the present, and VOILA! A shiny new (looking) door. The only problem was that there was sticky residue from the tape that I had used to help with my lines. I couldn't get it off no matter how much windex I used. Then I found a neat-o trick that has thus inspired me to write on an ever-popular topic. Life Hacks. Here are a few that I have found useful and save me more time to hang out with my family, watch TV, whatever I want. Clean sticky residue from tape off glass with canola oil. I have only tried this with canola oil, but I have read up that it works with a lot of other oils, olive, essential, even cooking spray. I simply pour a bit on a paper towel and use

weekendweekendweekendweekend

Hope you all have a relaxing Caturday everyone!

It's called soda! Not pop!

Lately, I have been obsessed with North Woods Law. For those that don't know, it is a show on Animal Planet about the game wardens in Maine. Now, I don't admit this to a lot of people, but I am from a northern Maine milltown,which really should be a whole other country on it's own. Here's me and my cousin back home: While watching the show, I've noticed no matter what area of the state, they all have a distinct accent. I've worked hard to get rid of it, but I'm plagued by it. I came across a really cool video on philebrity.com about a study of how people in different areas of the U.S. pronounce the same word. It shows a map on the left side and a picture of the object on the right side. Whenever, someone is talking, the map is lit up in the region that it is most spoken. It also gives you enough time to say it to yourself and see if it stands true. You can watch the  VIDEO  here.